This statue of the Old Testament prophet, Jeremiah stands directly across from the St. Pierre Cathedral. It’s the creation of Auguste de Niederhäusern, better known as Rodo. According to Wikipedia:
Auguste de Niederhäusern, better known as Rodo (2 April 1863 – 21 May 1913) was a sculptor and medalist active in Switzerland and France.
Rodo was born in Vevey, and in 1866 moved with his family to Geneva. He attended the École des Arts industriels (1881) and the École des Beaux-Arts (1882) under the direction of Barthélemy Menn, then studied at the Académie Julian with Henri Chapu (1886) and again at the École des Beaux-Arts under Alexandre Falguière. For six years he worked in Auguste Rodin’s studio.
In 1895 he received a commission for the Paul Verlaine monument in the Jardin du Luxembourg, which was finally inaugurated in 1911. He died in 1913 during a visit to Munich.
On the occasion of an exhibition of his works in 2001 Swissinfo.ch published a short article entitled: Geneva celebrates the “Hodler of sculpture”, which provides additional information.