Waterfowl abounds on the “Polly” pond. This duck and her ducklings were just too cute to resist.

As I was preparing this post I realized that although I knew that a group of geese was a called a “gaggle” I didn’t know what a group of ducks was called. So I looked it up and apparently it depends.

A group of ducks in flight is usually called a “flock”. However, when on the water such a group is most often referred to a “raft”, a “team” or a “paddling”. I like the word “paddling” so in future I will refer to more than one duck on the water as a “paddling”.

Taken with a Sony RX-100 M3.

Leave a Reply