Our next stop would take us to Carmel, NY but first a break for lunch at Smalley’s Inn.
Smalley’s Inn was opened in 1852 by James Smalley who was at various times the sheriff, coroner and treasurer of the town. His daughter, Elizabeth, was only a toddler when she died, and there’s the belief that a portion of the basement was used as a morgue when Smalley was the coroner. The ghost is thought to be that of Elizabeth.
Above – an interior view. Below – Ken and the Cigar Store Indian.
Taken with a Sony RX100 M3.