Unfortunately the original house burnt down in 1931. The wooden parts were destroyed but much of the stonework survived. The house remained an abandoned ruin until 1966 when Bache Bleecker, a descendant of the Verplanck family, and his wife Connie founded the Mount Gulian Society, as a nonprofit, private organization to rebuild it. The reconstruction was completed 1975.
Taken with a Sony RX-100 M3.