According to its website:
In 1924, with the support of the Yonkers Art Association, the Museum was moved to Glenview, a Gilded Age mansion purchased by the City of Yonkers. Glenview was the home of the late Wall Street financier John Bond Trevor; the family owned it for 45 years. The home, which was built in 1877, was designed by architect Charles W. Clinton, who designed many notable buildings, including the Seventh Regiment Armory, also known as the Park Avenue Armory, in Manhattan.
In this new home, the Museum, renamed the Yonkers Museum of Sciences and Arts, attracted a steady stream of visitors from Yonkers and the surrounding area. Throughout the 1920s and 30s, significant new donations of American art, including Jasper F. Cropsey’s painting The Narrows at Lake George, 1888, as well as robust science and art education programs, brought in enthusiastic audiences. As a sign of deepening ties to the region, the Museum changed its name to the Hudson River Museum of Yonkers in 1948. A few years later, in 1956, a Planetarium was installed in the Glenview Dining Room, which demonstrated the Museum’s commitment to advancing public understanding of the cosmos.
Taken with a Sony RX-100 M3