Hilarious – at least if you’re into photography. I particularly liked the following:
38. I’d love to put Bruce Gilden in a room with Joerg Colberg.
42. If you shoot film you’re a photographer, if you shoot digital you’re an editor.
54. A badly composed picture of a beautiful woman is always a good photo.
65. Using the high contrast black and white mode on the Ricoh GRD doesn’t make you artistic.
66. Nor does shooting wistful portraits on a Mamiya 7 and desaturating the colours.
67. Using a Leica does.
70. And the Japanese have the highest number of great photographers that no-one has heard of.
73. Are there cliques, sycophants, politics and divisions in landscape photography? Or is it just in relation to street photography?
87. I’ve never understood why “serious photographers” take pictures of dogs but not cats, and horses rather than cows.
102 things I have learnt about street photography – a slightly flippant and deliberately controversial guide.