According to the Museum’s website (which also provides technical specifications):
Gift of Pratt & Whitney Aircraft and Robert Wanagel
The “Electra” was the first all-metal multi-engine plane produced by Lockheed and was designed to compete with planes such as the Boeing 247 and Douglas DC-2. It carried 10 passengers and a crew of two or three and had a range of 810 miles. This example, Serial No. 1052, was initially delivered to the U. S. Navy in February 1936 for use as a staff transport by the Secretary of the Navy, Claude Swanson. During World War II, it was used to transport the Assistant Secretary of Naval Air, David Ingalls. After the war, the airplane went through nine owners, and was used primarily to carry freight and passengers.
A sister ship, Serial No. 1055, was flown by Amelia Earhart when she disappeared over the Pacific during her attempted round-the-world flight in July 1937.
In 1984, this airplane was purchased for use in a planned reenactment of the Earhart flight and it was to be restored by United Technologies. Unfortunately due to a set of circumstances, the project was terminated and the plane was given to the Museum.
Ten years later in 1994, the Museum undertook the restoration of the craft. While its first service was first with the military, the 10-A is finished in the colors of Northwest Airlines which was the first carrier that flew Electra’s in commercial service.
Taken with a Sony RX-100 M3.