Kensico Cemetery – The Administration Building

Kensico Cemetery was founded in 1889 as a rural cemetery. Its proximity to the New York Central Railroad provided easy access for funeral parties coming from Manhattan. The administration building served as a private railroad station for the exclusive use of lot owners. Kensico remained a regular stop on the railroad until the early 1980’s when the line was electrified north of White Plains. The Queen Anne style building still features the original arched windows, reception area, and ticket office and remains a symbol of welcome to arrivals.

Taken with a Fuji X-E3 and Sigma 18-50mm f2.8